My first podcast appearance!
Tracey's weekly podcast is aimed at young people to help them with "the stuff they need to know to get smart with their money, get financially fit, and start making millions". Tracey is a Chartered Financial Accountant with over 20 years or experience, and she enjoys sharing her knowledge to help people of all ages "understand and improve their level of financial fitness with a goal of increased confidence, using their financial skills so they can be successful in their financial life".
Here's the direct link for the episode: http://bit.ly/2HBfQLX
In the episode, I talk about how I got my start in university advising, and the ways I help high school students and parents with post-secondary prep and navigation.
I truly love the work I do with young people, and from working with young people for over 20 years (yikes!), I know I offer a unique and valuable service to students and parents.
In the episode, you'll learn some things about me you might not know:
1. I started out in personal counselling, as the program coordinator of a teen peer-counselling telephone crisis line
2. As part of my job, I trained teenagers in suicide intervention (they had more training in this skill than many physicians did at the time!)
3. I believe teens can do amazing things because I've seen them do it!
4. I started mycampusGPS because I saw the impact of the gap in service for high school students with prep for post-secondary, and I hated seeing wonderful students missing out on valuable opportunities.
5. Oh, and I also share some tips for writing great scholarship applications!
I hope you'll pop in your earbuds and give it a listen as you walk the dog, or do your workout.
Thanks so much to Tracey for asking me to be on her show. If you don't already listen to the Young Money podcast, you can find it on iTunes or any of your favorite podcast platforms.
I'm an avid podcast listener. I listen at home when I'm getting dressed, or when I'm folding laundry, and when I'm walking to the grocery store. I love being able to get useful information any time I want, and I was thrilled to be on Tracey's show.
Once again, here's the link: http://bit.ly/2HBfQLX
I hope you enjoy,
Want to learn more about how I can help you win scholarships? Please visit my services page.
About the author
Janet MacDonald is a Scholarship Coach with mycampusGPS Education Consulting. She is a former Canadian university admissions officer. For seven years, she was the coordinator of a scholarship program at a major Canadian university. Janet has helped her student clients win hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships.